We had the M's over tonight, along with Mr. M's parents. After our personal training session at 2:00, we swung by the store and picked up two chickens, some pineapple and a watermelon, some Granny Smith apples, corn, a couple of bags of Alexi brand frozen potatoes (they are soooo good) and various and sundry other items. Kiddo was exhausted and actually volunteered to nap (that's a first!) when we got home, so then we had three hours to ourselves to cook and clean. It was very soothing. I've taken to listening to a audiobooks on my iPod while I prep, and enjoyed finishing Christopher Moore's _You Suck_.
We rotisseried the chickens, grilled the corn, I made my famous Tzatziki dip and tried again to craft a good slaw from Farmer Fred's fabulous cabbage. This time, everyone agreed I got it right!
POINTS® Value: 1
* 3 small heads red cabbage
* 1/2 large red onion
* 3 large Granny Smith apples
* 1/4 cup peanut oil
* 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
* 2 Tbsp mustard seed
- Slice the cabbage, red onion, and apples thinly, put into a large plastic container with a lid.
- In a small bowl, whisk the peanut oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard seeds, about 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw, put the lid on the container and shake to toss.