This makes a LOT of servings.
3.2 lb turkey breast
2 T canola oil
22 oz Queso Fresco, grated
12 oz Monterey Jack, grated
32 oz chicken broth
3 chorizo sausages, 2/3 lb
2 medium onions, chopped
2 jalapenos, chopped and deseeded
1 poblano pepper, chopped an deseeded
5 fresh tomatillos, husked and chopped
1/2 cup masa flour
28 oz canned tomatillos
15.5 oz can Navy Beans
15.5 oz can Pinto Beans
16 oz frozen white corn
4 oz canned mild green chiles, chopped
- Heat the canola oil in a large, heavy pot (a Le Creuset would be perfect). Sprinkle salt and pepper on the turkey breast and brown it well all over.
- After it is well browned, add the chicken broth, turn the heat down and put the lid on. Braise the breast for 1 hour.
- In a large stockpot, start cooking the chorizos
- After they've expressed some oil, add the onions, peppers and tomatillos (include the liquid in the can)
- Saute until the chorizos are done, and remove them.
- Add the masa flour to the vegetables, stir
- Cut the chorizos up
- When the turkey breast is done, remove it from the broth. Add the broth to the stockpot and stir. Also add the frozen corn and beans with their liquid. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove the skin from the turkey breast and cut into cubes, add to the stockpot
- Start adding the shredded cheese, gradually, whisking.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is smooth.