4 thick pork chops, bone in
1 tsp olive oil
6 med. Gala apples, peeled, cored and chopped coarsely
1 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
1 lemon, zested and juiced
8 oz creme fraiche
- Heat a large frying pan that has a lid.
- Add the olive oil to the hot pan, swirl, then add the pork chops
- Sear the chops on each side, about 2 minutes a side
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients except the creme fraiche in a bowl (or you could do that before even starting the chops, up to you)
- Lower the heat on the chops, and smother them with the apple mixture.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chops bounce back when pressed.
- Remove the chops to plates, add the creme fraiche to the apples in the pan and raise the heat
- Briefly (about 1 minute) boil the sauce to thicken it a bit...it will not be a thick sauce
- Pour the sauce on the chops, and serve