1/2 lb phyllo, thawed - I love the Athens brand.
8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, brushed and chopped coursely
1/4 lb brie, chopped - keep the rind
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
2 Tbsp chopped italian parsley
3-4 cloves garlic, minced (~ 1 Tbsp)
1 stick salted butter or 3/4 cup olive oil
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Melt the butter (or heat the oil) in a small saucepan, add the garlic and cook gently until the garlic is just golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and cool slightly
- Combine the mushrooms, brie, herbs, salt & pepper and the egg yolks in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites briskly until very frothy. Add to mushroom mixture
- Working quickly, fill and fold the triangles, using two sheets of phyllo and brushing each sheet with the garlic butter. See these directions at the Athens site -- use the Step 3C directions for large triangles, but only use 2 phyllo sheets and only about 1 Tbsp of filling.
- Bake the triangles for 15 minutes