Meli and I made these, Jezebel sauce, sugar cookies (not yet decorated) and raisin-filled Christmas cookies this evening. Oh, and dinner. I'm exhausted, but it's been a great day.
1 lemon, zested and juiced, zest chopped finely
8 oz mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup candied ginger, chopped finely
3 oz triple creme goat brie (or regular brie), chopped
2 medium pears, cored and chopped
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 pound phyllo dough
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and mascarpone and mix well with a rubber spatula
- Add the ginger and brie and pears, mix well
- Make the triangles:
- Take a sheet of phyllo, lay it on a large cutting board long side up, and brush it with butter
- Take a second sheet of phyllo, place it over the first sheet, brush it with butter
- With a sharp knife, cut the phyllo lengthwise into four strips
- Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling at the bottom of each strip
- Fold from the bottom right corner over to the left side, then fold the resulting triangle up, then the next resulting triangle over to the right side, then up again. Continue in this fashion up the strip.
- Put the triangles on a cookie sheet.
- Bake them for 20 minutes.
- If not serving immediately, transfer the slightly cooled triangles into plastic storage containers lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze. Make sure there is paper between each layer. Freeze. They can be reheated for 10-15 minutes in a 350F oven straight out of the freezer.