Sunday, August 31, 2008

Caprese Salad

Farmer Fred is going on hiatus for the month of September, but I used his fantastic cherry and little yellow tomatoes tonight to make a Caprese Salad. Basically, halve or quarter the tomatoes, chop up fresh basil (from my herb garden, which is doing surprisingly well!) and slice fresh mozzarella. Layer tomatoes, basil, mozzarella twice deep in your dish (a glass one where you can see the layers is especially nice, but not necessary), sprinkling each layer of tomatoes with a little fleur de sel and ground pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

We also made the Carolina BBQ ribs tonight for a neighborhood party (yes, we do still have those, darnit). That's what Ms. N brought to our party the night before she died. They were really, really good, she would have been happy to chow down.

I'm bracing for Tuesday, when the search warrants will be publicized. I have no idea what to expect.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Been lurking for awhile, but this post made me cry. I cannot imagine losing one of my closest friends in such a sudden, violent way. My prayers are with you and your friends, as well as Nancy's family. I hope that there will be a resolution soon so that healing can begin.
Janna

Art2mis said...

I'm very glad you can't imagine it! My preference is certainly that no-one ever have to experience this.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. They do help.