Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Cinnamon Rolls

We just finished opening presents, but for me, I think this morning I enjoyed the cinnamon rolls I made even more than the gifting! I used a recipe from Bradley Ogden's Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, which required me to make the dough yesterday...but what is Christmas Eve for other than baking? I baked all day yesterday -- prepping the rolls, and making two types of cookies for sharing at the evening church service.

Of course, today we will be making a standing rib roast, roasted root vegetables, horseradish cream sauce, maybe Yorkshire puddings(?).  Should be a good day.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's almost exactly the same menu as Mrs. Winslow made for xmas day. Good thing I had M. make turkey for xmas eve or I'd have been disappointed :-)

Art2mis said...

What did she do with the leftovers? I know she's not much into that...

Hub kept the bones for me, and I made a completely irreproducible soup from the bones and attached meat, the lovely whiskey sauce that I had also made on Xmas, de-fatted, lots of water, leftover chopped onions that we hadn't used, some Rossi leftover lasagne noodles (they always include one extra noodle just in case), and the leftover roasted veggies, chopped up.

Hub called it the best beef soup he has ever had. And since it will never be reproduced, the record may just have to stand right there!

We'll probably do a turkey or a fish tomorrow night when Bro and family arrive for 2nd Christmas.

lemmie said...

Hey,
I was just reading Kate's blog again (Nancy's friend) and saw your comment from back in October! She & I do seem like 2 very similar souls - was thinking the same thing. You mentioned that we should plan a trip - no doubt. Knitting, cooking & wine would be in the mix! Let me know how you're doing - Miss you all.
xoxo