Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Goodbye, 2009! You were an interesting year, to say the least. I can't remember all my resolutions from last year, but know that losing weight was one of them, and I did manage to lose 20 pounds, so hooray!

I have some resolutions for this year that I think should be easy to keep. :)

1. Enjoy my time with Kiddo, friends and family to the utmost.
2. Get divorced.
3. Stay single! Continue to explore this wonderful state of single-hood. Try to avoid falling in love.
4. Date as many interesting men as I can handle, but don't waste time on dating anyone more than once if they don't impress immediately. Continue to be happy going out without a date.
5. Travel more.
6. Try new things.
7. Cherish my friends, and make new ones.
8. Lose 10 more pounds, and then be content.
9. Turn 40 with flair!
10. Start updating this blog with new recipes and entertaining notes -- I've never stopped doing either, just wasn't in a good place to be writing about it.

Speaking of entertaining, I had a very fun group of people over last weekend (the day after Xmas) for a "top-your-own" pizza party. I made the dough on Xmas and then for the party set out crusts and toppings, and everyone topped one and then we shared the results. Very fun, very easy! Because I am who I am, the toppings were fairly gourmet -- I had marinated and grilled some chicken breasts, there was a salad with a caprese dressing, artichoke hearts, black olives, pesto and tomato sauce, mushrooms, mozzarella and feta cheese, anchovies, sliced tomatoes. My favorite pizza was pesto, artichoke hearts, feta and grilled chicken.

After eating, we all headed to the Carolina Hurricanes game, which was a nail-biter! Unfortunately, we lost in a shoot-out at the end.

No comments: