Friday, July 23, 2010

Shrimp and Mushroom Phyllo Triangles

On July 11th, I was feeling pretty sad and missing Ms. N tremendously. So I did what I often do as therapy...I cooked. Something she would have been able to eat and would have enjoyed, something new. Bonus: I froze the triangles and will use them at a dinner party I'm having tomorrow night.

The mix for these turned out a bit too soupy, so next time I'll strain the juices from the pan or add more feta.

1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
1 lb shrimp, shelled
1/2 lb goat milk butter
Big bunch mint, chopped
1 tsp crushed red peppers
salt & pepper
1 Tbs olive oil
3 eggs
1/2 lb goat or sheep milk feta
1 lb phyllo

  1. Heat the olive oil, add the mushrooms and shallots and saute until the mushrooms start expressing their liquid
  2. Add the shrimp and lemon juice, salt, pepper and crushed red peppers. Saute until the shrimp are done
  3. Take the mixture off the heat and toss in the mint, let it cool
  4. Beat the eggs, mix in the feta. Add the shrimp and mushroom mixture
  5. Make triangles as detailed here.




No comments: