Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Minted Lamb meatballs

As mentioned in the previous post, I'm in a minty mood lately and have been buying and using a lot of it. Tonight I made minted lamb meatballs, which I served separately from pasta with a fresh tomato sauce (which I'll put in the next post, sort of trying to keep a recipe index thingy going here). The reason I kept them separate is for Kiddo's sake, they could be thrown in. Also, I froze the leftovers for use as an appetizer for Saturday's big 3-year birthday party. Which I'm starting to stress out about. I did a preliminary count tonight and we are expecting at least 25 kids, plus their parents. What was I thinking?

1 1/2 lb ground lamb
2 cloves garlic
1 t kosher salt
3 T mint
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs

  1. Toss all of the above into a food processor (or bowl, in which case, mince the garlic)
  2. Mix it up.
  3. Fry in olive oil, turning frequently
  4. Drain on paper towels

1 comment:

Jen said...

You're kidding. That's it? That's it? That simple?

You're kidding.

Wish I could come on Saturday. MMMM.