Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Minted Shrimp salad

If you follow the link, you should see the recipe that inspired this one. I made this last night for my parents. Basically, the substitutions are due to what I had on-hand. As you can tell, I've been in a minty mood lately.

2 lb shrimp, shelled, deveined and poached, cooled
1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions, cooled
Juice of 1 grapefruit
.75 oz Mint, chopped
2 T Olive oil
2 green onions, green and white parts, sliced
2 large tomatoes, chopped

  1. Combine the shrimp, grapefruit juice, olive oil and 2 T mint in a bowl to marinate for about 30 minutes
  2. In another bowl, combine the quinoa, green onions, tomatoes, salt to taste and rest of mint (about 5 T).
  3. Mix it all together
I didn't put any feta in last night, and I think it probably could use it.

No comments: