Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Spanakopita

Sorry, I don't have a recipe to share...this is my mother's specialty. They are off to Greece and Turkey for a few weeks, for the last Big Fat Greek Wedding my generation is likely to have, so tonight we went there for dinner. Kiddo shocked me by eating and enjoying spanakopita, then following that with eating an entire carrot. Hooray!

I'm tired and grumpy, so I'll do a meme I stole from Jenorama

TECH-OLOGY:

Number of contacts in your cell phone?
<10. It's new, and I hate cell phones.

Number of contacts in your email address book?
<100

What is the wallpaper on your computer?
Hub and Kiddo.

What is your screensaver on your computer?
It's a laptop -- a screensaver would be a power-waster.

Are there naked pictures saved on your computer?
Yes. Of me, chronicalling the hugeness of pregnancy.

How many landline phones do you have in your home?
Does VOIP count? If so, 4.

How many televisions are in your home?
One, and it's only 27". And over 10 years old.

What kitchen appliance do you use the least?
The bread machine. It seems to think it's a brick-making machine.

What is the format of the radio station you listen to most?
NPR

BI-OLOGY:

What do you consider to be your best physical attribute?
Eyes.

Are you right handed or left handed?
Very, very, very right-handed.

Have you had anything removed from your body?
A baby.

Would you like to?
I doubt it.

Which of your five senses do you think is keenest?
Sight, ever since I had it fixed with Lasik.

When was the last time you had a cavity?
I've never had a cavity. Ever.

What is the heaviest item you lift regularly?
Kiddo, who is almost 40 pounds. He's a bruiser.

MISC-OLOGY:

If it were possible, would you like to know the day you're going to die?
No.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?
I love my first name. It suits me perfectly.

How do you express your artistic side?
Cooking. My work is surprisingly artistic (Software architect). Singing in choir.

What color do you think you look best in?
Bright blue.

How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison?
As long as the library is well stocked, I could do a few years.

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
I have no clue.

If we weren't bound by society's conventions, do you have a relative you would make a pass at?
No.

How often do you go to church?
Regularly, if you count a Unitarian Universalist Fellowship as church. Many UU's would loudly protest that designation. :)

Have you ever saved someone's life?
No.

Has someone ever saved yours?
No.

DARE-OLOGY:

For this last section, if you would do it for less or more money, indicate how much.


I just won't bother with the last section. I wouldn't do any of those things for money. I'm just not that kind of girl.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am learning so many things. I didn't know you were Unitarian now. I didn't know you had a C-section. I didn't know your eyesight was fixed! I am astonished and thrilled for you! Wow!

I have several Greek icons on display in my dining room windows. I have always wondered if your family were lapsed Orthodox.

Jealous of your mom's trip.